Michael McQueen is a bestselling author of nine books and trends forecaster helping organisations and leaders stay one step ahead of disruption.
With clients including KPMG, Pepsi and Cisco, he has helped some of the world’s most successful brands navigate disruption and maintain momentum.
Michael is a regular commentator on TV and radio and his work has featured in publications ranging from the UK Daily Mail to Medium.com and the Huffington Post. In addition, Michael is a familiar face on the international conference circuit having shared the stage with the likes of Bill Gates, Dr. John Maxwell and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Michael has spoken to over 500,000 people across 5 continents since 2004, and is known for his engaging, entertaining and practical conference presentations.
Having been formerly named Australia’s Keynote Speaker of the Year, Michael has been inducted into the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame.
Michael has helped our staff develop some powerful new approaches.
Principal, Killara High School
The feedback was unbelievably positive and it was by far the best webinar I have ever attended.
Luke Brennan - Konica Minolta
Absolutely fantastic! Michael has been instrumental in helping our business address the opportunities and challenges ahead of us.
Strategic Planning Manager - Chobani
Michael was the perfect opening keynote at our conference. So easy to work with, flexible and accommodating. The audience hung on his every word and the feedback post conference has been so positive.
The Institute of Quarrying Australia
Michael gave us so many thought-provoking insights. The team are still talking about it. Nailed it!
General Manager (Australia & New Zealand), Castrol
My speaking topics...
Demystifying the Metaverse
The much-hyped metaverse promises to transform business and life in the coming years. However, there is still widespread confusion about what it is, how it works and why it matters.
Given forecasts that the metaverse will be an $800 billion market opportunity within 3 years, and that we will soon be spending an hour per day in this virtual realm, now is the time to gear up for what lies ahead.
In this research-rich & compelling keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The key technologies and trends that have rapidly accelerated the rise of immersive virtual reality
- Practical case studies of market leading brands and industries already getting results in the metaverse – and how they are doing it
- Why virtual and augmented reality offers exciting new ways for organisations to engage and connect with their teams and marketplace
- The revolutionary new products, services and asset classes that WEB3 will enable
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear understanding of what the metaverse is and how to prepare for the opportunities it will present.
Demystifying the Metaverse is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half day workshop program.
The New Now
Preparing for the trends that will dominate a post-COVID world
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen the future arrive well ahead of schedule. As the turmoil subsides and a new era dawns, smart leaders are turning their attention to where opportunity now lies and how to gear up for the future.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- The covid-inspired shifts in consumer habits and expectations that are here to stay
- The key ways AI, robotics and virtual/augmented reality have accelerated rapidly during the pandemic and how this offers exciting new possibilities for those that are prepared
- The role that GEN Z are playing in redefining industry norms and how to win in a post-Millennial marketplace
- How to foster engagement, collaboration and culture when leading remote and hybrid teams
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear and practical game plan for navigating the new now.
The new now is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full-day program.
The Post-Crisis Kickstart
The secret to accelerated growth and sustained momentum
In the wake of any crisis, smart businesses and leaders recognise the importance of kickstarting their momentum - and fast.
Having spent over 15 years studying the dynamics of dynamism in organizations, 8-time bestselling author Michael McQueen knows what it takes to create unstoppable momentum in a business or team.
In this research-rich and fast-faced presentation, Michael explores:
- The 3 common traps that derail success - and how to avoid them
- How to achieve a rhythm of unforced productivity and flow state
- The key momentum mindsets that can supercharge growth and create an unfair advantage over the competition
- The daily habits that ensure good intentions translate into sustained results
Audiences will leave this in-person or virtual presentation armed with a practical action plan for achieving a new level of momentum and maintaining it over the long haul.
The post-crisis kickstart is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full-day program.
Preparing Now for What's Next
How to thrive in an age of uncertainty.
Disruption is something that every organization and leader has experienced at scale in recent years. In the aftermath of one of the most tumultuous chapters in human history, now is the time for audacity, adaptability and agility. Enormous opportunities lie ahead for those that can identify the trends of tomorrow and gear up for them today.
In this fast-paced & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- The key trends that will shape the coming decade with a specific focus on the impacts of AI, hybrid work and the metaverse
- The role GEN-Z will play in redefining industry norms and consumer expectations
- The common culture and mindset traps that will set any organization on a collision course with obsolescence – and how to avoid them
- Proven and practical strategies for staying one step ahead of change and remaining relevant.
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for navigating disruption and emerging stronger than ever.
Preparing Now For What's Next is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full-day program.
Mastering the Art of Momentum
The secret to achieving effortless and enduring growth
We all love being on a roll, in the zone and firing on all cylinders – that flow-state sensation where everything just seems to work.
But what happens when the groove becomes a rut, inspiration evaporates or your mojo disappears?
Enduring success and growth for any business today is dependent on building and maintaining unstoppable momentum.
In this inspiring keynote presentation, audiences discover:
- The art and science of momentum – where momentum comes from and why it makes all the difference when you’ve got it working for you
- A practical and powerful formula for building momentum individually or in a team
- How to get into a flow state of peak productivity on a daily basis
- The role that focus and consistency play in ensuring a groove doesn’t become a rut over time
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for achieving effortless growth and maintaining it over the long haul.
Mastering the Art of Momentum is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
Teaching for Tomorrow
How to equip today's students for the future
Students in classrooms today will enter a world very different to the one their teachers and parents have known.
In light of the uncertainty that lies ahead, it is more important than ever that educators keep their finger on the pulse of technological and societal trends in order to help students prepare for them.
In this practical and highly relevant keynote presentation, audiences will learn:
- The key social and technology trends that will shape the future including artificial intelligence, robotics and automation
- The skills and competencies that young people will need in order to be future-fit
- Why and how education practices and paradigms must evolve in the coming years
- A range of proven and practical strategies for making classroom learning relevant to the next generation of learners
Audience members will leave this presentation with a clear action plan for engaging today’s students while equipping them for tomorrow.
Teaching for Tomorrow is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote or an extended half or full day program.
The Case for Character
Why trusted brands are more lucrative, loved and long-lasting.
A revealing, practical and compelling keynote presentation highlighting why character matters more than ever.
In the coming years, consumers will demand ever-greater transparency, trustworthiness and values-alignment from the brands and businesses they engage with - a trend that leaders and organisations ignore at their peril.
In this research-rich & compelling keynote presentation, audiences will discover:
- Why the marketplace today is more skeptical and discerning - and how this creates an enormous opportunity.
- How purpose-driven and values-based brands have proven to be more lucrative, loved, and longer lasting than their competitors.
- How to build or rebuild trust through credibility, consistency, clarity and congruence.
Audience members will leave this session with a blueprint for becoming an individual, brand or organisation that stands for something - and reaps the rewards of doing so.
The Case for Character is an ideal stand-alone conference keynote presentation or an extended half day program.
Are You Paving the Cattle TrackApril 27th 2021 When we innovate many of us do little more than pave the cattle track. But what does this metaphor mean? Michael Mcqueen explores the notion of innovation through re-invention and… Read more +
Kickstarting Growth Post-CrisisOctober 26th 2020 If there is one word we’ve heard with great frequency in recent months, it would be ‘unprecedented’. While so much of what we’ve all experienced in 2020 is the definition… Read more +
Maintaining momentum in tough timesMarch 16th 2020 Crises are rarely convenient and they’re never fun. As the world confronts the single biggest disruption in living memory, how we and our organizations navigate the coming months will be… Read more +
The Battle for Hearts and Minds
12 Essentials for Winning in the Trust Economy
This white paper explores the latest research examining 12 practical and proven strategies for building the trust of consumers in an age of cynicism, skepticism and transparency.
Exposing the 8 megatrends that will dominate the coming decade
What every leader, business and change-maker needs to know about the trends that will shape our world by 2030. Prepare yourself for changes that will redefine life in ways we can scarcely imagine.
Inside Towards 2030, you'll discover the 8 Megatrends that will radically change how we live, work and interact in the coming decade. You'll get a detailed, no-fluff breakdown of the progress and potential of each so you can prepare for what's to come.
The New Now - Preparing for the 10 Trends that will dominate a post-COVID world
Times of crisis create great opportunity for those that are prepared. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, smart leaders recognise that now is the time to gear up for what comes next.
'The New Now' explores the 10 megatrends that will reshape our world, recast our economy and redefine everyday life in ways many of us can scarcely imagine.
"This thought-provoking book offers a lightning-bolt of inspiration for future-proofing any brand. Michael’s insights are super fresh and are the perfect jump start for strategic planning."
- Victoria Brown - Marketing Director, Swarovski