The emergence of the world wide web was a game changer for the travel industry — spawning airline websites with online booking portals, price comparison sites for flights and hotels, social reviews of tours, hotels, and anything travel related.
This is just the beginning. Emerging technologies are set to have an even more profound impact on travel in the future.
Understanding the impact these will have on your business, futurist Shara Evans deep dives further into these emerging technologies and trends that will shape leisure and business travel in the year 2030 and leaving you be better equipped to make informed decisions for your business.
Topics covered include:
- Augmented reality — Changing the travel experience
- Virtual reality — Will VR replace physical travel?
- AI / Digital Avatars – How smart software will impact travel planning
- Travelling in 2030 — How technology such as smart tags, facial recognition, biometrics, wearables, avatars and self driving cars/taxis will change your travel experience
- Hotels of the future — A hotel experience in 2030
- Peer-to-peer accommodation booking — The impact of sites such as Airbnb
- Next generation travel gadgets (smart glasses/contacts, translators, sensors, implants, drones)
- Space and underwater tourism — Will these become a mass-market opportunities?
- What’s next for travel agents?